Lead an effective and well-prepared kitchen into and throughout service. Provide a professional and non-hostile work environment for all employees and promote growth across kitchen personnel through on-the-spot coaching and clear objectives within individual roles. Ensure preparation, execution, and presentation of food recipes meet the standards of the chef and our brand, and food is prepared and delivered in a consistent manner. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through a set of standards that meet the requirements of local governing institutions and house procedures. Keep up with industry practitioners and participate in menu development with the common goal of creating a menu of “Wine Inspired, Regionally Influenced and Locally Sourced” cuisine.
- Lead an effective and productive kitchen by ensuring each and every member of the team feels he/she is part of the company vision
- Drive employees to participate in and achieve our end goal of serving guests in a highly hospitable, creative and consistent manor
- Create a daily production list for all positions prior to their arrival and hold them responsible for the completion of those lists
- Ensure all stations are fully stocked before, during and after a shift, setting up the next shift for success
- Check work stations periodically throughout a shift to makes sure staff is complaint with health and safety protocols
- Verify kitchen staff follows all recipes and practices portion control standards set by the chef
- Ensure that staff maintain a philosophy of cleaning-as-you-go and maintain organization as all time
- Place food and supply orders in a timely manor; communicate any shortages to supervisor when applicable
- Practice proper receiving protocols to ensure product freshness, quality, quantity and price; make sure product invoices are received by office management
- Assist in the hiring, training and discipline of all kitchen personnel
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of kitchen employee files: ensure new hire paperwork is complete with office management prior to start-date, document any disciplinary action and keep in employee’s file, etc.
- Participate in management dialogue through meetings and emails; assume full leadership duties for the department in the absence of the Chef
-Manage staffing pars throughout a shift based on volume of business; control labor with an awareness of overtime
-Control food costs by monitoring portion control, pilferage and waste through effective ordering practices and physical counts
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our guests who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and elevated dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the heart of a large city.
Job Type: Full-time, reports to local Executive Chef