Assistant General Manager / Hospitality Service Director
New music venue and restaurant is hiring a support position to the GM whose duties are to help manage day-to-day operations and become the connection between what the City Winery brand is and how the company delivers it to the public. Also, practice methodologies to drive both top line and bottom line margins by maximizing sales from music programming by the way of food, beverage, winemaking and retail sales. To focus service management on practicing good labor margin controls, preserve healthy COGS, and build human capital through strategic hiring, firing and mentoring.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Maintain effective staff training manuals, practices and new hire procedures
• Hold service team accountable for specific job descriptions and duties
• Schedule routine training for all service personnel
• Drive staff sales incentives, as well as frequent performance reviews
• Take ownership of all guest service comments
• Create an environment where staff, artists, and guests have the best experience onsite
City Winery delivers the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.