City Winery's is opening its 5th location. We are looking for an outgoing, hardworking, teamwork oriented restaurant manager that interacts with guests, ensures a positive guest experience by touching all tables in both the restaurant and bar. Responsible for maximizing food and beverage sales, performing pre and post shift, trainings, guidance and promote retail wine sales from our fully functioning urban winery. The position requires a hospitality professional who ensures guest satisfaction while overseeing several service associates. Managers work an estimated 45-50 hours per week and also perform nightly closes.
-Responsible for scheduling restaurant & bar staff
-Supervise, coordinate and direct assigned shifts
-Participate in interviewing and hiring process
-Conduct staff trainings both in daily pre-shifts, monthly all FOH staff service meetings and maintain a save work environment
-Provide on-the-floor support to increase sales, improve and maintain service for the duration service
-Monitor guest experience, handle guest complaints, ensure guest satisfaction, and identify any opportunities.
-Check staff punctuality, performance, dress code - perform disciplinary actions.
-Complete performance reviews – observe, teach and correct staff’s service.
-Perform all cash handling procedures: opening, mid-day safe counts; cash payouts and nightly cash drops, as needed.
-Lead guided tours of our winery and facilities as needed.
-Maintain pars of all printed promotional materials, comment cards, or other check presenter inserts.
-Maintain & update contact lists, VIP, and public event guest lists
-Perform various administrative responsibilities and duties assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- What we are looking for: 2+ years experience in a high volume restaurant. Ability to work Holidays, flexible hours, including nights and weekends
- Leadership: Demonstrate an ability to lead, motivate a large service staff, achieve results, create a teamwork environment.
- Empowered to make day-to-day decisions that benefit our guest, service teams and other departmental management.
- Planning: Able to perform short and long range planning through email, scheduling software and company calendars.
- Communication: Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with service teams and management.
- Hospitality: Maintain focus on high-level service quality, Aloha POS, wine and high volume knowledge a plus.