Our City Winery Executive Chefs are experienced kitchen professionals and positive team leaders, who motivate our local culinary teams to execute a wine inspired list of menus for concerts, restaurant dining, events, all in a high quality and consistent manner. The duties require overseeing daily operations in the kitchen, communicating with the GM, the National Culinary Director & various vendors for food and equipment orders, maintaining and raising the profit margins on all food menus through proper inventory controls.
- Holds a formal degree in the culinary arts or proof of equivalent experience, plus minimum 5 years experience running a high volume kitchen environment
- Restaurant opening experience
- Ability to monitor and manage City Winery’s food consumption through proper purchasing practices and inventory controls
- Able to establish execution techniques for culinary presentations and quality standards
- Manages proper equipment operations and maintenance; and ensures proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen
- Follows proper management of the culinary department financials through thorough invoice coding and handling, plus physical counts of inventory
- Manages City Winery’s relationship with local purveyors & vendors in a professional manner
- Experience with controlling food and labor costs in a high volume catered cooking environment
Proficient in menu development and pricing as well as the development of the culinary teams consistent execution of all menus
- Practices strong communication, leadership and time management skills
Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services
Job Type: Full-time
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our guests who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and elevated dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the heart of a large city.