Seasonal winery cellar position begins September 1 and ends late November. This is a season position only. You will work directly with the wine maker, assistant wine maker and a few other cellar hands.
Previous winery or brewery experience required. Do not apply without this prerequisite.
Harvest: September to November full-time with overtime: 5 -6 days per week rotating, including weekends.
Job may end in mid to late November.
Compensation: $13.00/hour. Overtime after 40 hour per week.
Daily lunch provided by the winery during the peak production weeks of harvest – September/October.
Candidate must be/have:
· Attention to detail
· Able to work independently with occasional oversight from winemaker/assistant winemaker
· Common sense and attention to safety in the cellar
· Basic competence with computers and common software including e-mail, spreadsheets, and text documents
· Receiving and sorting fruit
· Operating a variety of winery equipment including pumps, filters, pallet jacks, punch down devises, etc.
· Sanitation of pumps, hoses, tanks, barrels
· Racking and blending wines
· Punch downs and pump overs
· Barrel sanitation, filling and overall cooperage care.
· Nutritional and yeast additions
· Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning -- this is a winery.
· Forklift experience a plus but not required
· Spanish language skills a plus but not required
· Able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
· Able work on ladders and platforms
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to safely use a pallet jack to move loads up to 2,000 lbs.
· Ability to read and write English
· Availability to work weekends as needed during harvest.
· Ability to work standing for up to 10 hours per day.
· Ability to climb ladders and stairs to access wine tank
· Ability to work in wet and cold conditions